Chrome Plating and Sheet Die Rebuilding
A full Service Die
Splitting the Die Removing Plastic Surface Measuring Weld & Repair Hardening
Adaptors Blown Film Dies Splitter Blocks Y Blocks
Over 40 Year of Experience
In-House: Machining and Grinding, Welding Polishing and Hard Chrome Plating
Vast Knowledge in Hard Chromium Plating, Rebuilding and Refinishing of All Types of Plastic Extrusion Dies.
Inquire about our new Tungsten Carbide HVOF Facility Right next door
Inspection of the Die Body And Die Lips
Identify and Inspect for Damage
Weld Repair and Anneal
Repair Throat Area
Surface Grinding and Check Geometry
Before and After 54 Sheet Die
Documentation and Inspection
Qutoation Will Offer a Accurate Workscope
- work scope:
- disassemble and inspect total die system • measure and document sizes of all surfaces before and after die rework. • clean and replace as necessary all die components. • there may be an additional charge for labor and replacements parts.
- general work scope to die body and chrome plated surfaces
- strip existing chrome on external and internal surfaces. • clean and tap all threaded holes. • clean and check dowel pin and dowel pinholes. • clean and ream all heater holes. • grind sealing surfaces clean and true to ensure proper sealing. • machine entry and pilot hole back to original dimension. • polish and repair flow surfaces to remove imperfections.
- chrome plating specification
- hard chrome plate flow surfaces .002” – .003” thick. • mirror polish flow areas to #1ra -#2ra finish. • pre-grind and finish grind die lips to remove imperfections. • mirror polish top and bottom die lips to a #1ra mirror finish. • flash chrome exterior die surfaces for corrosion resistance
How We Can Help You Today
Our knowledge & experience in plastic extrusion is precisely what set’s us apart from typical plating shops
- Sheet extrusion dies
- Die lips
- Blown film dies
- Rings pins
- Oriented film dies
- Cast film
- Coating & laminating dies
- Slot dies
- Large surface grinding capabilities
- Large machining capabilities for die body & die lip modifications
- Hand and automated mirror polishing services
- Hard chrome plating up to 20 feet wide
- Complete die rework including electrical and heating elements
- Full inspection reports available with each die
- On-site repair available for minor nicks, dings and scratches
- Remanufacturing services for die lips, restrictor bars, etc.
1700 Old Clyattville Road
Valdosta, Georgia 31601
Precision Industries specializes in hard chrome plating and specialty coatings for a variety of industries. With nearly five decades of experience through research and development in hard chrome plating, new and innovative plating procedures.
Specialty plating takes on many forms, as the pictures illustrate.
Precision Industries has the experience, ability, and equipment to perform the finest, most accurate precision work on all types of tooling and machine parts. We maintain constant access to the latest technology and specialized equipment enabling us to apply a coating that will meet the customers exacting requirements.
At Precision Industries we understand the seriousness of downtime to our customers. We have a pick-up and delivery service which covers over 30 states on a scheduled basis. This service alone can often mean great savings to the customer. It also allows us to learn and understand the needs of each individual customer.
Quality is something that is taken very seriously at Precision Industries. Strict internal control is maintained on each and every job. This ensures the customer that not only is the job delivered on time, but that it is done to meet the customer’s exact specifications. The high demands we set for ourselves regarding quality and service make PII the leader in the coating and finishing fields.
Established in 1966 by Larry Catton and W.R. Frisinger, PrecisionIndustries Inc. has built a reputation nationwide as a leader in the plating industry. Our success has been achieved by consistently giving our customers a top quality plating job, while maintaining a level of service far beyond their demands.
Flat Die Rebuilding Services for Film & Sheet Extrusion
Precision Industries, Inc. has been rebuilding plastic extrusion dies for more than 35 years. We are the only flat die rebuilding company in the United States with in-house hard chrome plating technology. Our proprietary chrome plating processes are designed specifically for plastic extrusion applications including corrosion resistance, wear resistance, release of material and surface enhancement.
Our knowledge & experience in plastic extrusion is precisely what sets us apart from typical plating shops
• Oriented Film Dies
• Sheet Extrusion Dies
• Cast Film Dies
• Coating & Laminating Dies
• Slot Dies
• Large surface grinding capabilities
• Large machining capabilities for die body & die lip modifications
• Hand and automated mirror polishing services
• Hard chrome plating up to 20 feet wide
• Complete die rework including electrical and heating elements
• Full inspection reports available with each die
• On-site repair available for minor nicks, dings and scratches
• Remanufacturing services for die lips, restrictor bars, etc.
Sheet Extrusion die rebuilding, chrome plating and super finishing of dies, blown film and co-extrusion dies
Additional Extrusion Related Parts
Repair and rebuilding services:
Hard Chrome Plating - Mirror Finish Satin finish for release.